63rd Feilding Marathon -Entries now OPEN
November 4$10 - $65
ON-LINE entries are now Open. Go HERE
Online entries will remain open until 31 October and then your next option is to enter on Race Day, 4th November. We do however we ask that as many people as possible pre-enter so we can be better prepared to welcome you
On the Day Entries
- Will miss out on lower priced entry or discount offers
- Must register at the Timona Park HQ at least 30 minutes before your race start
- Each competitor is issued with a Bib with electronic tags attached
- Eftpos or cash accepted
- 7:30am Shoe Clinic Marathon Run/Walk, Two person Marathon Relay
- 9:00am Fisher Print Half Marathon Run/Walk
- 9.20am AlanMcNeill 10km Run/Walk
- 9:30am The Timing Team 5km Run/Walk
Accomodation: Feilding has a number of accommodation options and a growing reputation of fine food and coffee. Palmerston North airport is just 16km away with regular flights from Auckland and Wellington via Air NZ or Jetstar.
Race HQ: Football clubrooms, Simon St, Timona Park, Feilding (sign posted from Kimbolton Rd).
The Course: Each event is an out-and-back route. See the course by following the Mapmyrun.co.nz link here: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/497727190
Cut-off Times: The approved Traffic Management Plan does not allow for a start earlier than 7.30am and ends at 2:00pm. Timing will cease at 2pm, marshalls will no longer be on course and we cannot guarantee First Aid support. so this means if considering the Marathon and you are likely to take longer than 6.5 hours (a pace of 9 min 20 sec per km), we recommend you enter the Half Marathon. Requests for an early start will not be considered!
Registration: Race numbers can be collected from Race HQ, Simon St, Feilding between 4pm-6pm on Friday 3rd November or from 6.30am on race day.
YES! We do accept LATE ENTRIES: Online closes 31 October. Late entries are then available on Race Day, Saturday morning (not Friday) up to 30 minutes before the Start Time of each event. Eftpos or cash payments can be made available
Race Facilities: Toilets and showers are available at Race HQ .
Prize giving will be held at 2:30pm: Lots of spot prizes and merit awards to make. We have table full of Trophies, some going right back to the very first Feilding Marathon in 1955.
Marathon Merit Prizes and the following Trophies will be awarded
- Sir Matthew Oram Cup – Fastest male
- Kohiti Trophy -first female run
- President Cup—first Manawatu finisher
- Ken Walton Cup—first mens walk
- Caryll Clausen Plate—first womens walk
- Feilding Hotel trophy—mens age adjusted time
- Ray Barnett Cup—womens age adjusted time
- Trevor Ludeman Cup—3 person Club team (Run)
- Leahy Trophy—3 person Club team (Walk)
- Averill Sheehan Memorial Cup—most improved walker
RE Club Trophies: These are awarded on the cumulative times of the first three marathon finishers from the same club (club = affiliated with Athletics NZ). Please note your Club Affiliation at the time of Entry and you are automatically entered into this category.
- Also a trophy for the first Feilding Moa Harrier member in the Half Marathon
Drink Stations: Water stations available at approximately 5km intervals along the route. We encourage participants to also carry their own supply.
Queries to Email: email@example.com
Past Winners list since 1955
2016 results (off-site at The Timing Team)