- This event has passed.
Beaconsfield Valley Rd/Haynes Line – open handicap
April 13 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
The first chance to score Handicap points this season. Today is an Open Handicap (see more info below on this).
Route:The first 800m is from the Hall, then turning right into Haynes Line and continuing until you see a “turnaround” sign marked for each distance.
Boys & Girls 7-13, 2.5km
Colts (14-17), Junior women (14-19), 5km
Men & Women 8km
About the Open Handicap format
With Open handicap the start times are staggered
- The ‘slowest’ runner going off first, then various time gaps through to the ‘fastest’ or backmarker.
- Your allocated start time will be on a Startlist Notice near the start line.
- You should then keep an eye on the Timing clock and be on the line 30 sec before your start is due.
- First person across the line wins.
- The challenge for each runner is to pass all ahead of you but not be passed. If the handicapper has got things right and everyone runs to potential, this style of race sees some well fought out finishes.